Thursday, June 18, 2009

So just a quick note to let my friends in Oregon know that we all survived last night's tornado. We were in Todd Park watching our nephew play baseball when they called his game due to the lightening, so we drove to the other side of the park to watch Serena's boyfriend Phil play his softball game. Rich's whole side of the family was there including his ex and her new husband. Well the weather really started to turn so we left along with all the kids. Jassmine went with Serena to her grandma's house, and Rich and I took Alli and started for home. It was less then 5 minutes from the time we left the ball park when the tornado was on the ground in the park they estimate that there were 150 mature trees uprooted. So Rich and I and Alli are about 5 minutes ahead of the storm, but luckily it was only moving at about 35 mph, so by the time we got home we were about 20 minutes ahead of it. Then while driving the guy on the radio said there was another storm heading toward Le Roy form the Iowa side which is only 7 miles from our house, so I was really starting to freak. Driving away from one storm straight toward another. Luckily the Iowa storm stayed just to the south of us, and even though there was damage that had the road into town closed there was no real damage here in town. My garden has some hail damage to it, and a few of my tomatoes are really sagging right now, but I won't prop them up until after tonight because they say that tonight we will get hit again and it could be even worse. For about 2 hours last night I was really wondering what I was thinking when I asked to transfer back here, but all is well and everyone is safe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds scary!!! Thanks for entering my Give Away! Good Luck!!!!